Thank you for your continued support of Great Bay Community College
Please join us for our 3rd Annual Golf Fore Education Tournament! The tournament will follow a 4 person scramble format and will be held at Pease Golf course on Thursday June 23, 2016. With your help we will reach our goal of $50,000!
HELP STUDENTS and HAVE FUN
By supporting the Great Bay Community College Golf “Fore” Education Tournament, you will be providing valuable funding to support a variety of programs and scholarships at the College including:
- Executive Mentor program which pairs students up with a successful professionals from the Seacoast community
- Women In Business Lunch Series which allows our female students to meet monthly with successful leaders from the Seacoast community
- Student Leadership program which focuses on teaching students effective skills needed to successfully enter the workforce
- Campus Leader programs which allow students hands on experience running and managing student organizations
- 100 Hour Club which emphasizes the importance of students being active citizens by completing 100 hours of community service while at GBCC
- Intercollegiate Athletics which allows students to learn skills desired by many employers including team building, communication and critical thinking skills
- Ben Harris Memorial Scholarship which provides an annual scholarship to a student in the Hospitality program who has exhibited outstanding leadership skills
The goal of all of these initiatives is to help students develop the skills needed to successfully transition to the workforce and/or to a four year college.
2016 Event Information:
Thursday, June 23
Pease Golf Course
200 Grafton Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Schedule of Events:
7:00 a.m. - Check-in
8:00 a.m. - Shotgun Start
2:30 p.m. - Lunch and Awards @ Redhook Brewery
How you can support:
Bring a foursome to play - $500
Sponsor a Hole - $500
Be an Event Sponsor - Prices vary
3 Reasons to Participate/Sponsor the GBCC Golf Fore Education Tournament
- You will be making a difference in YOUR community. Over 92% of Great Bay Community College students live in New Hampshire. There is a high likelihood that you personally know one of our students or alumni. Our students truly are your community; they are your neighbors, your employees, your family, or your friends.
- You will be helping to keep the cost of higher education reasonable for our students. As you may know, the cost of higher education has skyrocketed over the past twenty years. Great Bay Community College and the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) is proud of the fact that we have kept tuition costs reasonable for all of our students. In fact, for the 2014-2015 academic year, all CCSNH colleges have reduced the cost per credit from $210.00 down to $200. The generosity of individuals like you have also allowed us to offer more scholarships that have lowered the cost even more for Great Bay Community College students.
- You will be supporting an organization that is committed to helping New Hampshire residents and businesses. As the only public community college serving Rockingham and Strafford counties, Great Bay Community College provides skilled workers for New Hampshire businesses by providing affordable and accessible education-to-career pathways for a diverse population of students seeking career, degree, or transfer