“Together We Will Make A
THANKS TO YOU THE KELSEY SMITH FOUNDATION® HAS:
- Over 25,000 participants in our Safety Awareness Seminar (SAS), a unique program that focuses on proactive techniques to stay safe for both women and men and our Parent Overview Seminar, an informative, evidence based approach to countering the risks faced by youth and young adults every day. As part of our high school Safety Whistle Program nearly $45,000 in safety whistles were distributed to high school students when the SAS is presented at high schools.
- The Safety Awareness Seminar and Parent Overview Seminar have been recently updated to reflect issues that have been in the national news.
- Helped other families and friends of loved ones who were missing or murdered.
Kelsey Smith Memorial Scholarship and other
- As of May 2015 $8000 has been awarded to high school seniors in a competitive process for college scholarship grants.
- Donated books to Overland Park Elementary's Book Club
- Participated in annual motorcycle toy drive
- Joshua Hancock One Love Award – CUE Center for Missing Persons
- Director’s Community Leadership Award - Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Outstanding Support of the Network of Victim’s Assistance - Network of Victim’s Assistance (Pennsylvania)
- Outstanding Services on Behalf of Victims of Crime - Kansas City Area Wide Chapter POM
- Missey was featured in the May 2012 edition of Her Life Magazine for her contributions to the Kelsey Smith Foundation and her work in advocating for the Kelsey Smith Act.
- Greg was featured in Ingram’s Magazine article in January 2012, “50 Kansans You Should Know,” for his work with the Kelsey Smith Foundation providing Safety Awareness Seminars to youth and young adults and working for legislation protecting the rights of crime victims.
- FBI Citizen’s Academy Graduate – Missey (May 3, 2012)
- Avila University Alumni Achievement Award – Greg (October 14, 2012)
- Kindest Kansas Citian - Top 3 (Missey)
The Kelsey Smith Act - States enacted (Video)
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island