|Time (Wed, 6/29/22)||Scheduled Event(s)||Details|
|8:00 AM||Registration||Registration begins. Breakfast will be provided and golfers can purchase raffle tickets, mulligans and warm up on the driving range.|
|8:15 AM - 12:45 PM||Putt for Cash Qualifier/Sign-up||Sign up to participate in Putt for Cash Event anytime between 8:15 AM - 12:45 PM.|
|9:00 AM||Tee-off||Golfers tee-off to Shotgun start. Scramble format, complimentary beverages and light fare available at snack shack throughout round.|
|2:30 PM||Lunch, Reception, Raffles & Putt for Cash Finals||Lunch provided to golfers and attendees alongside programming to support awareness of Opioid Addiction. Gift baskets/prize winners announced, silent auctions and Putt for Cash Finals take place.|
On Wednesday, June 29th, The Rotary Club of Delmar will be sponsoring its 3rd annual golf tournament which will be hosted at the beautiful Normanside Country Club in Delmar, NY. Golfers will participate in a 4 person scramble format.
This event is hosted in memory of Marcus Kaplan, a 1994 Bethlehem graduate and athlete, who lost his battle 3 years ago while fighting valiantly for his recovery. We are aiming to bring attention to the isolation that has been felt during this pandemic but in particular, those that struggle with substance use and co-occurring mental health issues have long been stigmatized, which prevents them from seeking help.
Overdose deaths in the Capital region have reached an all time high, and now is the time to help change the way society views substance use disorder and mental health. We want everyone to know that help is available, recovery is possible, and no one has to hide in shame.
Register now and remember to invite your friends to play. Just click on "Tell a Friend" and you can send them a link to this site automatically.
Thank you for your support in raising Awareness of Opioid Addiction in our town. We
are so grateful to our donors & supporters and we can’t thank them enough.
The Delmar Rotary in cooperation with “Mission for Marcus”
Event Donation & Proceed Distribution Highlights:
- The Addiction Care Center of Albany: we support their Family Support Navigators Program which educates and supports families struggling with a loved one’s substance abuse. We were successful in bringing their “Apple A Day Program” into the elementary school, which focuses on building self-esteem and worthiness to kindergartners through fifth grade.
- 6 $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors at Bethlehem Central High School pursuing a career in the mental health field.
- Initiation and support of “A Day of Awareness” to break the cycle of stigma in conjunction with a talk by former NBA player Chris Herren at Bethlehem Central High School.
- Nopiates Committee - Epicenter Production: Loving Someone with Substance Use Disorder at Hudson Valley Community College.
- We continue to look for opportunities to educate and create awareness in our county to break the STIGMA related to substance use disorder & underlying mental health issues.